Our financial planning services cover all retail investment products, so we are classified as “independent” financial advisors by the FCA. Our advice on life policies is based on a fair analysis of the whole of the market.
To help us guide you towards achieving your goals we work with you to clarify and document your financial objectives. We start with a review of your life and financial aims. During this process we will ask you to provide us with details of your current financial position, your targets and the timescales in which you would like to achieve your objectives.
We use Discretionary Fund Managers (DFM), wherever possible and we have a good working relationship with firms like Brewin Dolphin, Cazenove, Investec & Rathbones. To ensure that they are performing as expected, we review their performance on a regular basis and compare it with other similar portfolios from different investment houses.
The range of investment products we prefer to work with does not include products that are generally considered by the FCA to be inherently high risk, such as unregulated collective investment schemes.
We will carry out a complete analysis of your current portfolio. Included in this are current and savings accounts, investments funds, personal and company pension plans, trust and any other assets and liabilities.
Our commitment to you
Regular on-going progress reports either Quarterly, Six Monthly or Annually as agreed at outset,
- A complete review of your investments
- Suggested alterations to either asset allocation or fund selection if deemed necessary at any time during the year.
- Face to face access to your adviser between review dates if required
- Wherever possible phone calls and emails will be returned within 24 hours or the next working day.
- Pension advice, review and consolidation.
- Provide requested information to your accountant or other professional advisers where necessary
- Supplying end of year taxation information if required
- Recommending suitable professionals as other needs arise
- Reorganise your investments on to a more tax efficient basis i.e. transfer monies from Unit Trust to ISA’s in order to utilise capital gains tax allowances. Maximise ISA allowances to provide tax free income in the future
We feel you have a right to:
- Objective advice
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Staff who are competent and courteous and act with integrity at all times
- Staff who are professional and diligent
- A transparent cost structure
- A timely response to telephone calls and emails the same day, or if not possible then the next working day.
We aim to deliver fully on all of the above points.